12.04.2006

THAI THAIME





So it's well past Saturday, but I needed to get this stuff updated quickly. We had (AGAIN) plans to cook some delicious fajitas. We had purchased all the essentials ... but then I got a call from my friend Carter. I knew he was coming, but I thought he was in town for a party and we had really only chatted about having a drink before he took off for his event. Well, to my surprise, he brought my man Mateyo along with him from D.C. So instead of making dinner, we took off to one of our old favorites on the LES - Jeeb.

When Jeeb was BYOB, we went ALL THE TIME. But they got a liquor licensee and the corking fee went way up and we didn't really go back. Which ... is a little unfair. Because it is really good food.

Anyway, we started with:

- Tasting Combo - Spring Rolls / Thai Crepe/ Chicken Satay / Curry Puffs

Alec had the:

- Spicy Noodle with basil: stir-fried flat noodles with egg, onions, carrots, tomatoes, bell peppers and chili basil sauce

Meena and Matt had the:

- Pad Thai: the most popular stir-fried rice noodles with egg, bean sprouts, grounded peanut and scallions

Carter had the (I think!):

- Peanut curry: Homemade mild peanut curry paste with coconut milk, peas, carrots, broccoli

The food, as always was really good. The big tapas plate was nice. I'm not a huge fan of the curry puffs, but everything else was great. Carter (and I think Matt) decided the crepe was the best.

Everyone seemed to have a nice dinner. I liked mine a lot more than I expected. I'm typically a spicy pad thai guy ... but I switched it up. And I was happy about that. As you can see from the photos, the garden was really nice too. Always is.

And ... for the four of us to eat ... I think we made it out of there for like 70 bucks all said and done. NOT BAD AT ALL.

No comments: