1.03.2007

EXPERIMENTAL KOREAN




The other night we finally went to the Momofuku Ssam bar in the neighborhood and it was fantastic. I guess it's more or less a Korean burrito, but if you ask me, way better. I mean, it's similar, don't get me wrong. But the ingredients are way more complex and usually of better overall quality. Anyway, I got the urge to try it at home (with the bibb lettuce rather than the pancake) and this is how it went.

- marinated sirloin
- some leftover cajun spiced chicken
- grilled onions
- cucumbers
- sesame seeds
- red kimchi (store bought, of course)
- leftover pork fried rice
- boston lettuce
- korean barbecue sauce (basically regular barbecue sauce with a little more spice and soy sauce)

The result was OK. I mean, it was my first time and I was making it up. The beef was so, so. Meena wasn't impressed, but at least it wasn't tough or anything. The chopped kimchi was awesome with it though. And I think I nailed the sauce. But I'll have to work on the other elements. I can for sure see this one coming back at some point.

No comments: