1.12.2007

TAKE TWO







Due to the fact we had a lot of leftover ingredients from last night, we decided it was probably in our best interest to keep with the pizzetta theme. We felt confident that although we went big last night when Dan was over, we could probably whip up some decent new options (and repeat some old) on a random Thursday. Here's how we attacked the flour tortillas tonight:

* Round 1, The Italian - A repeat, I know ... but I mixed it up just a smidge:
- balsamic reduction
- field greens
- white onion
- prosciutto
- parmesan

* Round 2, The Reuben - Another repeat, but this time done much better:
- sauerkraut
- thousand island dressing
- swiss cheese
- corned beef
- honey mustard
- dried oregano

* Round 3, Classico - I feel like that means classic in Italian or something, but I'm not really sure. I'm only calling this one a classic because it's more or less the standard for us. This one just always feels right:
- anchovies
- fresh mozzarella
- tomato sauce
- field greens
- prosciutto
- pepper

* Round 4, Chinese Delivery - This one came out of left field. I found some sichuan sauce in the fridge and just let my imagination roll:
- corned beef
- sichuan sauce
- toasted pine nuts
- parmesan
- sesame seeds
- sesame oil
- spinach
- white onion

* Round 5, Three Cheese - This one was just sorta the last one and I had some cheese around. I know it's typically a quattro formaggio with four ... but I only had three on hand. I mean, I guess I had cream cheese in there somewhere, but who wants that on their pizza? Not me, I want:
- bleu cheese
- fresh mozzarella
- parmesan
- tomato sauce
- balsamic vinegar

Now I know what you're thinking ... dudes must be massive if they're eating all this pizza. WELL, you're wrong. About Meena. But honestly, it's not a ton of food. These things are like maybe 4.5 inches in diameter or something? And we just use about a handful of each ingredient across the entire spread. Often even less. Like, with those pine nuts I toasted, I think there were about seven of them before they got chopped. So it's not really a ton of food and we're not gorging ourselves. It's just a bunch of delicious little bites. Lots of flavor in one sitting. Wonderful.

No comments: