2.11.2007

PRE PARTY



Our good friend Carter was in town from D.C. again this weekend and before we went up to midtown for a party one of his friends was throwing (yeah, midtown ... not a typo), we needed food. It was at an art studio, so it was actually tons of fun. I mean, in all honesty, we could have hung out in Times Square with Carter. It matters, not. He's just fun.

Anyway, before we went, we thought a small dinner was in order. Well, we had the intention of making it really small, but it ended up just being dinner. Which was fine. But because we had this idea to make it smaller, I actually switched up the regular Hiro order and tried some different rolls.

Meena had the:
- crabmeat soup
- chicken tempura roll

Alec did the:
- miso soup
- spicy white tuna roll
- salmon and avocado roll

I know it's not like I really went out on a limb or anything. Everything is pretty standard fare. But if you've read this blog, you know we're pretty true to our favorites when it comes to Hiro. So getting down with a spicy white tuna roll is big news over here on east third. Anyway, everything was really good. I think I'm going to work that spicy white tuna into my repertoire. It was really nice and buttery. Nice texture. Nice flavor. Loved it.

No comments: