3.31.2007

FATHER KNOWS BREAKFAST


I'd say that nearly everything I know about cooking breakfast comes from watching my Dad whip up this and that when I was a kid. There was never a cookbook. Never a clear-cut plan - there was just natural kitchen improv. And I loved it. And that's where I think I picked up a bunch of my habits in the kitchen.

So this morning, we were treated to another classic dad breakfast prepared in our tiny Florida kitchen. In addition to fresh berries and pineapple, dad threw together:
- whole wheat english muffins
- swiss cheese
- olive oil
- southwest eggbeaters
- salt
- pepper

It was a wonderful little breakfast. I'm thinking these eggbeaters might not be a bad option. I know we've tried them before, but this southwest variety proved quite nice. With a cup of strong coffee, a newspaper and the ocean, nothing's better.

No comments: