4.01.2007

ACCORDING TO PALM BEACH LAW






On this lovely Saturday afternoon, we decided to hop in the Impala to see what was happening in Palm Beach. There is enough money in that town to buy about 12 small nations, so you know there has to be some decent shopping and even better eating. After cruising Worth Avenue and walking around the lovely outdoor mall, City Place, we landed at the Boston based chain, Legal Seafood.

Given that the restaurant's philosophy is that they will always be a fish company working in the restaurant business, you can safely assume the seafood will be super delicious.

Mom and Dad both got things started with:
- yellow gazpacho with shrimp

As soups that begin a meal go, I'm not sure there is one any better than this. I tried a bite of my mom's and I have to be honest ... it was amazing. I should have ordered some.

For main courses, Meena ordered:
- wood grilled shrimp and scallop combo with seaweed salad and rice pilaf

Mom had the:
- crabcake appetizer with a simple walnut and apple salad

Dad had the:
- wood grilled, cajun spiced tuna with mango salsa, seaweed salad and black beans and rice

Alec had:
- wood grilled, cajun spiced snapper with snow peas and seaweed salad

With the exception of Dad's seaweed salad, I think everyone loved everything we had (Meena and I got to finish it, however, so no harm done). My fish was delicious and I personally tried both Dad and Meena's dinners and I can vouch for them as well. Mom really enjoyed hers - as well she should - I think it was their house specialty.

Thank you, Dad, for a fantastic meal in lovely Palm Beach.

No comments: