4.14.2007

PURGE THE FRIDGE


After a few bottles of wine and some lively chatting, Dan just decided that Park Slope was going to be an unnecessary journey last night. So we got the air mattress inflated and it was just like the old days!

Once we all managed to return to the land of the living this morning, I got started on a quick breakfast. We didn't have much, but fortunately, I fell asleep before our late night snack delivery arrived and there was an untouched gyro sandwich waiting for us in the fridge!

So I got everything started with some potatoes:
- yukon gold potatoes
- white onion
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- salt
- pepper
- garlic

Then I toasted some of the pita for a little crunchy base:
- pita
- olive oil
- smoked paprika

And finally threw together some gyro eggs:
- eggs
- gyro contents (gyro meat, cucumber, red onion, tomato)
- tomato sauce
- garlic
- chives

It didn't look especially appetizing, but it actually seemed to go over rather well. Dan isn't a picky eater, but he does have his opinions about certain things. So when he gladly knocked back the contents of his plate, I felt like that was basically the gold star. I know Meena enjoyed hers. And there's nothing in there that I don't like.

Delicious start to the day. Now it's time to hit the farmer's market and enjoy the NYC sunshine!

No comments: