9.04.2007

A TRIO


Although I didn't feel like doing anything elaborate last night, I did feel like cooking. Meena suggested a burger and you know me ... I'm never going to deny the burger.

Last night, they featured:
- ground beef
- feta
- worchestershire sauce
- sweet onion
- garlic

We finished them off with a little tomato, white onion, ketchup, mustard and some field greens.

I also put a little Ivo & Lulu twist on the evening with a baked pear
- asian pear
- bleu cheese
- honey
- salt
- pepper
- olive oil

They were solid. No doubt. But the real deal has a vinaigrette and I was all out of nice vinegar. What a horrible predicament. But it was really tasty despite it all.

I was really curious about some sardines at the store yesterday. So I bought them. And when I got them home, I didn't know what to do with them. So I threw them in a salad after eating a few. It was OK, I guess.
- sardines
- tomato
- field greens
- olive oil
- stone ground mustard
- soy sauce
- black pepper

I need to work on my sardine usage, obviously. But other than that, very nice little meal. I think we both enjoyed it quite a bit. And I have a burger for lunch at work today! WHOO HOO!

No comments: