2.24.2008

ROCKY TOP



Saturday night after the big fashion show, we were all treated to a dinner at Allreds at the top of the mountain. It's a lovely spot at the gondola half-way point that overlooks both Telluride and Mountain Village. Truly amazing setting.

There were several of us at dinner (seven to be exact) but I won't break down everyone's meal. It would just be too much.

Also, because it was such a classy spot, I kept the camera in my coat. We were with clients, my publisher, etc. I needed to keep it low key.

I started with:
- kobe beef carpaccio with mustard, greens and baguette chips

And then for a main, I did:
- colorado rack of lamb with white polenta and ratatouille

Everything was pretty delicious. My lamb was nice. The vegetables were a little boring and the tomato sauce wasn't very impressive. But again, the meat was perfect. And we were at the top of a mountain having dinner. Did I mention that? Awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ugh! i'm so jealous you were in telluride!!! looks amazing!!