3.11.2008

SOLO SANDWICHES



Meena had a late work night so I was on my own last night. Historically I've been a pretty lazy cook when it comes to nights that I fly solo. But recently I've been a little better. I made some pork chops last week. That was pretty solid. And last night I just made sandwiches ... but I did throw together a salad! So you know ...

I started with one sandwich that featured the same chicken salad from yesterday:
- french bread
- chicken salad
- mixed greens
- roasted red pepper (with sea salt and olive oil)

And threw together one additional sandwich
- oil cured black olives
- roasted red pepper (with sea salt and olive oil)
- semi-soft cheese
- french bread

And a little salad came together with:
- oil cured black olives
- parmesan
- mixed greens
- roasted red peppers
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar

I'm not blowing down any culinary doors here but everything was pretty darn tasty. The sandwiches were two very different tastes and quite delicious. The chicken salad was creamy and had just that hint of a mustard bite and the cheese and olive joint had plenty of salt and nice red pepper flavors. And the salad was packed with olives and just enough parmesan. Delicious.

I think I'm on my own again tonight ... so stay tuned for more solo efforts in the kitchen.

No comments: