6.10.2008

IT'S TOO DAMN HOT FOR A PENGUIN




Wasn't that what Billy Madison said? It was too hot for a penguin? I think so. Well, it's way too hot here and the last thing Meena and I felt like doing yesterday was heating up the kitchen with flaming burners and powered up ovens. It just wasn't smart.

So what did we do? We went to Downtown Bar and Grill for a beer and some bar food. We'd never been to Downtown for dinner. Only for football Sunday afternoons and the occasional Saturday afternoon beer. I'm not sure why we selected it last night but we just did.

And after ordering some lovely beers (an IPA and a nice Witte for Meena) we dove into the real deal. Meena had:
- cuban sandwich with fries

Alec had:
- black angus burger with fries

I mean, it's not like it was great. And it certainly wasn't good for us. But it just felt right on a sweltering Monday night. My burger was a bit overdone, but I have to be honest ... it wasn't bad. I put a bunch of spicy mustard on there and it was OK. Meena seemed to dig her Cuban for the most part. All the right parts were there.

I don't know when we'll be back. Probably not soon. But we'll be back. I love Downtown. Maybe not for dinner, but I do really love it.

No comments: