6.16.2008

TOPPING OFF A BIRTHDAY




Sunday night rolled around the birthday weekend came to a close. It was lovely from start to finish, but if I could make one complaint, it would just be that it flew by so fast! I guess it's true what they say and time truly does fly when you're havin' fun.

So at the end of her birthday weekend, Meena asked that I just whip up some pizzettas. You pretty much never need to ask me twice to make these things. I love them and they are a massive part of our diet. Weird. But they're so good that it's just a reality.

This time around, we did two varieties. The first option included:
- marinara
- spinach (sautéed in soy and sesame oil)
- flour tortilla
- mozzarella
- anchovy

And the second option went like this:
- flour tortilla
- marinara
- chorizo
- asiago
- spinach (sautéed in soy and sesame oil)

I sorta liked the second option. Meena sorta liked the first. I did one that was a combo of the two. Just sorta the final one using up everything. A garbage pizzetta if you will. And it was OK too. But I'll stick to my guns. I liked number two with the chorizo. Maybe just because I love sausage of any kind. Maybe.

But the bottom line is this - it was a wonderful birthday weekend and this was a pretty tasty way to cap it all off.

No comments: