1.28.2009

STRANGE



Meena was at work late last night so I was on my own for dinner. I'm not sure what I was thinking last night. I'm not saying this was bad. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it. I'm just saying it wasn't all that cohesive and it was ... weird.

Anyway, I guess when Meena isn't home, all semblance of rules go out the window and I just act more instinctively in the kitchen. I just start throwing things together and superhuman speed is my only objective. I just get ravenous and I want to go, go, go.

So last night I started with a kind of quesadilla ... and Italian quesadilla:
- flour tortilla
- marinara
- fresh mozzarella
- spinach
- olive oil
- peri peri sauce
- braised pork

And then I made a salad with:
- mixed greens
- braised pork
- fresh mozzarella
- lemon
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- dijon mustard
- minced kimchee

Weird. The salad was OK. It would have been better without the kimchee. I'm not sure why I did that. It seemed like a good idea that the time. It wasn't awful ... but it wasn't that good. I think it would have been fine without that one strange final ingredient.

The tortilla quesadilla thing was pretty good. Basic. Filling. Just what I wanted on a cold Tuesday night.

No comments: