6.28.2009

A VARIATION



I decided to make a healthy variation on eggs benedict for Meena on Saturday morning. Why? Cause eggs benedict is bad for you right? I felt it was my civic duty to increase the health quotient on one of Meena's brunch-time favorites. I don't really think I made anything terribly delicious, but I do think I did right by my goal. It was a healthier version than the original.

I started by grilling up some pita triangles to replace the english muffin.

Then I whipped up a bit of sauce to replace that lovely hollandaise. I used:
- balsamic vinegar
- sriracha
- low fat sour cream
- garlic

Then I just threw some smoked salmon and a poached egg (with a little salt and pepper) over the whole affair.

We mixed up some greens with salt, pepper, olive oil and balsamic for a bit of veg support on the side.

You know what? Not bad. I don't think it was great, but my poaching skills were a little better than I expected and the sauce + salmon all merged well together. Was it great? No. But it wasn't bad. It definitely wansn't bad.

No comments: