12.18.2006

TIRED AND HUNGRY





I'm only writing this on Monday night, but I can hardly remember what we did on Sunday. Oh ... we shopped a lot. So after we messed around in SoHo for far too long, we came home with Chinese on the brain. But when it came right down to crunch time, Meena went with delivery and I decided it might be in my best interest to just hang in there with the old school favorite ... pizzetas. Meena picked up her standards from another New York Chinese (Grand Sichuan) spot that is more or less the exact same as any other. I'm not saying she didn't enjoy it ... I guess I'm just commenting on Chinese in general. It's never really terrible. It's consistent. Nearly always.

So Meena had the:
- beef with broccoli
- vegetable lo-mein

I made the pizzetas with:
- yellow pepper
- onion
- mushrooms
- flour tortillas
- parmesan
- tomato sauce
- barbecue sauce
- dried basil
- ham
- slice of cheddar

Everything was pretty solid. I really liked the pizzetas tonight. I usually use some fresh mozzarella and honestly ... it's probably too much cheese. I really liked the little bits of grated parmesan. And the little bits of grilled ham went well with the veggies that just happened to be cooked really well.

Meena liked her beef with broccoli, but she didn't eat a ton of it. And she usually does the same with the lo-mein. She just liked enough of it to get a taste. Which is fine because that stuff is so cheap. Anyway, nice lazy dinner for a Sunday night.

No comments: