12.18.2006

LOST AND FOUND






After the gym and before the Colts game, we thought we might run out and try this Italian place on 2nd and B, but I guess it's not open on Mondays. After wandering around the vicinity we ducked into this little spot we'd been by a bunch of times called In Vino. On an ambiance scale of 1-10, the place is easily a 9.5. It's adorable. It's a little like a cave with these curved ceilings, dark wood and little candles. Oh, and the food is pretty good, too.

We started with:
- meatballs in ragu sauce

Meena had the:
- cannelloni with spinach & ricotta in tomato sauce

Alec had the:
- MAX meat lasagna

Although we didn't really need the meatballs, they were really good. The sauce was really thick and nice. Meena's was really nice. The cannolloni was homemade and that spinach and ricotta was just right.

Now to the lasagna. So I was already pretty full when that thing came out. And when they dropped this dish on the table in front of me ... I was pretty much overwhelmed from the get go. It was not only huge, it just looked ... intimidating. I mean, it looked great, don't get me wrong. Just ... serious. So I ate about 1/3rd of the thing and brought it home. It was decadent as hell and very much not something I would normally order, but you know ... moderation.

oh, btw. if you're in these photos and you need me to take them off of here or something, I will. I nabbed them from the site. just don't sue me, cool?

No comments: