12.31.2006

HOME AGAIN, HOME AGAIN





So it's been a minute without a post and I know everyone out there was missing my food commentary over the gluttonous holidays, but alas, Meena and I weren't together (boo!) and I thought a little private eating was probably necessary.

My momma had a bit of surgery on her eye while I was home, so cooking duties actually fell on my shoulders a few times whilst in Indy. One of the nights I snapped some cell phone shots and the other I did not. At any rate, just to make up for the lack of posts, I'll run through one of the many meals I had over my wonderful break.

We started with a bit of white bean dip with some baked ciabatta bread slices
- olive oil
- white beans
- lemon
- garlic
- salt
- pepper
- ciabatta

We then had a baked red anjou pear with bleu cheese
- red anjou pears
- bleu cheese
- garlic
- olive oil
- salt
- pepper
- white balsamic vinegar
- honey

We also had hickory planked salmon with a chipotle peach glaze
- chipotle peppers
- peach preserves
- white vinegar
- olive oil
- atlantic salmon
- hickory plank
- dad's grill

And the salmon was served with some baked brussels sprouts
- applewood smoked bacon
- honey
- walnuts
- brussels sprouts
- olive oil
- salt
- pepper

Everything was really, really good save the sprouts. Which were PRETTY good, just a touch dry. A point my dad made very sure to make. But he was right. They would have been stronger tossed in a bit of oil and vinegar or something after coming from the oven. But that wonderful grill flavor and the subtle heat in that sweet salmon glaze? Wonderful. And the pear was really delicious. I was trying to remake the Ivo & Lulu favorite ... and I think I nearly got it!

No comments: