1.27.2007

LIL' COLD OUTSIDE

It was still bone chilling cold last night so Meena and I thought we might just hit the neighborhood pizza joint for a little wine and comfort Italian. It's about two blocks away and that's about all we could handle last night.

So within our warm and beloved Lil' Frankies, Meena ordered:
- rigatoni with baby meatballs

Alec remained true to his favorite:
- pizza marinara

Again, our desire to keep the running joke alive was satisfied - they reminded me that the marinara has no cheese and they could add it if I felt the urge. They must have had serious problems with some jerk who didn't realize he was getting a pie devoid of cheese. Dudes ... I know it has no cheese. That's why I order it. I like it that way. Anyway, it's funny for us every time.

As always, my pizza had just enough bite from some sliced garlic and red pepper flakes. The tomato sauce was spot on. The crust was just right and burnt to perfection in their superior pizza oven. Meena's little meatballs are always great and despite the fact rigatoni pasta isn't my favorite, I always steal a few bites. I think that with the meatballs being so small and the sauce so thick, each bite is always (by design) packed with tons of flavor. You get a little of everything every single time.

In addition to the fantastic food, Meena also had a nice glass of chianti and I had a couple pints of the Six Points "Lil' Frankies" Pale Ale.

Delicious.

No comments: