1.17.2007

ODD

Tonight was one of those odd nights. On multiple levels. Not only did I audition for this really random game show on the Game Show Network, I also didn't really eat dinner per se. And what I did eat came from this really strange diner on 23rd Street. For those of you not in New York, 23rd street is like the crappy strip mall section of your town that you never go to unless it's totally necessary. Like, if you're trying to paint your apartment and you google map the paint store and your like ... crap, that Sherwin Williams store is totally in the disgusting strip mall and now I have to go there because I really need some paint. That's what 23rd street is like through most of Manhattan.

Anyway, I had this quesadilla at the Comfort Diner down the street from the crazy Masonic building where we had our audition. It wasn't bad. I'm not going to lie. I opted for the "buck extra" avocado option and it seemed to take an otherwise ordinary cheese filled tortilla to a slightly more sophisticated level. James didn't eat and Jason had some chicken tacos. He said they were OK.

When I got home from our stellar performance at the big audition, I saw that Meena and Dan had ordered our favorite Indian from Baluchis. I'm not entirely sure, but it looked like Meena stayed with her standard Tikka Masala dinner and Dan followed suit. Those two. Always ordering the same thing. I think the only difference was Dan's samosa appetizer and Meena's fish pakora.

Anyway ... odd night. Fun night ... but from a culinary standpoint ... odd indeed.

No comments: