1.19.2007

WHAT BURRITO?







Hi. Ssam is so good it's sick. It's 10:22 in the morning and all I can think about is a momofuku ssam. I want to eat it every minute of every day. It's amazing. I may never look at a burrito the same way (which, in all honesty, is rather sad) because this korean equivalent of the mexican staple is so far superior in so many ways.

Anyway, after a little Men's Journal event in Chelsea, we went on down to momofuku ssam bar in the East Village. Before I describe our amazing dinner, I will say this about the hors devours at Aspen - the mini bison burgers were out of this world. Meena has decided she will never go back to beef hamburgers. It's bison from here on out. They had a couple other little bites that included the standard crab cake (which outpaced expectations) and some mini fish tacos with nice spice and some cabbage. At any rate, it was all very impressive.

But ssam. Ssam was out of this world. We got started with a couple korean OB beers while we waited for our dream dishes at their long, bar-like community table. After a few sips, my dinner came out:
- momofuku ssam (with berkshire pork, kimchi paste, edamame and flour pancake)

Immediately following ssam number one, Meena got the:
- marinated hanger steak ssam (with kimchi, scallion cream, rice and bibb lettuce)

Again, I can't even tell you how amazing this dinner was. It was insanity. I can't wait until I have a chance to go back.

No comments: