2.01.2007

COMFORT FOOD




I have to say straight away, congrats are in order for Mr. Dan. Our little Strassburger has finally made the decision to leave the illustrious DNKY for the uber sleek Mr. Tahari. Congrats, my man.

Now on to the food. Alec has finally succumbed to the winter head cold and after a long night of class up at the SVA, I really didn't feel like a) cooking b) minding my calories. And because I had to walk home and pass the only decent gyro joint in the East Village, I went big and ordered a gyro platter to go from Cinderella Falafel.

The Cinderella platter features:
- gyro special beef grilled with baba ghanouj, hummus, chickpeas, lettuce, tomato, pita bread and yogurt sauce

Having not ever ordered this gyro joint staple at Cinderella, I was actually very impressed with their offerings. The baba ghanouj was a little thicker (I'm thinking less oil) and full of flavor than what I'm used to. The chickpeas had a strong dose of cumin. Maybe a bit too much. I already knew the meat would be delicious and it did not disappoint. So on a cold night when I wasn't feeling so hot, this one was perfect.

Meena also had some delivery before I got home and I do believe it was her good old-fashioned chicken pad thai (spicy) from our friends at Tara Thai. She said it was wonderful.

Tonight it's nothing but rest and hydration for this guy. We have a huge Colts game this weekend to get ready for!

No comments: