2.21.2007

HIRO IS JAPANESE FOR TUESDAY





We'd had high hopes of making Cuban sandwiches for dinner, but when it came right down to it, we thought it was a better idea to use the pork for work week lunch and just order some Hiro delivery. Cubans would have been insanely delicious. This is true. But we needed to buy a bunch of food and neither of us felt like it. I got home late and Meena was tired from the first day back after a long weekend.

Meena had:
- shrimp shumai
- chicken tempura roll
- spicy tuna crunch roll

I got TOTALLY crazy and tried the:
- spicy tuna roll
- spicy salmon roll
- spicy california roll
- miso soup

I know you're thinking I'm fat. Don't even try to act like you're not. I was hungry, friends. Sue me.

Hiro came through again with another of their signature performances. They're just solid when it comes to delivery sushi. Not the best in the universe, but solid. My only complaint this time was that the california roll was not spicy. But that could just be me. I have a superhuman tolerance for heat. It's entirely possibly their spice simply didn't register on my scale.

Anyway, it was a great segue into my homework time and Meena's weekly American Idol fix.

No comments: