2.06.2007

MIXED BAG





Meena and I couldn't quite agree on the same thing for dinner so we did a split - I cooked, she picked up some Tara Thai. Well, I guess it gets even more hybrid that that - I had some soup from Tara Thai, so I guess I had both delivery and a couple things I cooked. Convoluted. Anyway, Meena got:
- chicken pad thai (spicy)
- tom yum koong

Alec also had the tom yum koong from Tara and made a sandwich and some "slaw" on the side. The first sandwich half:
- whole-wheat bread
- homemade pickled onions
- fresh mozzarella

Sandwich half number two:
- whole-wheat bread
- homemade pickled onions
- australian aged cheddar

And the slaw featured:
- carrots
- green onions
- MORE pickled onions
- white vinegar
- wasabi powder
- sesame seeds

Everything I made could be classified as edible. Probably even good (not bad for a monday night, right?). I could have cooked the sandwiches at a little lower heat. That would have kept the bread from burning and made the cheese a bit more bubbly. But it was really good. Good ingredients = good dinner. The slaw was great. I'd make that again for sure.

Tara Thai was perfect. Always is. We were full and ready for another action packed Bauer Hour.

No comments: