2.25.2007

PARTY OF THE QUARTER CENTURY!





Last night we went back out to Brooklyn for Steveo's 25th birthday extravaganza. Actually, that's not at all the proper term. It wasn't some crazy outing with insanity and debauchery at every turn. And thank goodness. In reality, it was so nice and laid back. It was comfortable and inviting. Exactly how I'd expect a Steveo birthday bash to go down in lovely Park Slope.

We got the evening started at Nana, the "sushi" restaurant across the street from Dan and Steve's apartment. I put sushi in quotes because the website actually defines the eatery as having a hand in nearly every Asian nation's cuisine. Asian fusion, they say.

At any rate, Steve, Dan, Meena, Jenny Y., Mike, Maureen and I got the whole thing started with some delicious edamame. Not sure if we paid for that or if it just came. Regardless, it was delicious.

I won't go into the specifics of the entire table's orders in the interest of time. That said, Meena had:
- volcano roll (shrimp tempura/ mango/ topped w/ spicy salmon & tobiko)
- spicy tuna roll
- white tuna sashimi
- yellow tail sashimi

Alec had the:
- blond miso soup with asari/ tofu
- yellowtail jalapeno roll with chinese cilantro
- salmon and avocado roll

I was really impressed with both the food and the setting. The DJ may have been a touch abrasive, but the environment was really cool and all the flavors and bites were fantastic. My rolls were great. Meena's were pretty impressive. The volcano was a monster and I actually had to help her eat a couple bites. She also shared a piece of each sashimi and they were both really good. The white tuna especially.

After dinner, Meena started to feel really ill, so we had to call it a night after a couple beers at one of their favorite neighborhood pubs, the Black Sheep something or other.

Thanks for having us, guys!

NOTE: Again, I jacked photos from the nana website. Don't sue me. You have to understand ... I wanted to show your food in the best light. See that photo I took with my crappy phone camera? It looks like an artist's rendering of your food! I wanted to show the world how rad everything looks when photographed properly!

No comments: