2.15.2007

WE BOTH HAVE CLASS





It was another Wednesday so I spent the hours immediately following work in my SVA classroom having spec advertisements critiqued. It's nasty and slushy here in NYC, so few people showed up and class was very short. Given it was actually valentines day, I was pleased to get a head start on taking it easy at home.

By the time I got home, Meena had already eaten. Once I saw her empty sushi tray and remembered how nasty the sidewalks were, I figured I'd just do the same. And because it was so delicious when I tried it this past weekend, I thought I'd abandon my maki combo and go with my newest favorite selection at Hiro.

Alec did the:
- miso soup
- spicy white tuna roll
- salmon and avocado roll

All very wonderful. I figured out some new setting on my camera (funny, because I've had it for like four years) and I think the food actually looks a little better up there.

After dinner, Meena and I cracked into her valentines day present from me. Rather than candy and teddy bears (I'd never actually buy that, BTW), I got crazy classy and got her caviar, crème fraîche, champagne, toast points, roses and a mother of pearl spoon. We drank the first bottle of bubbly before dinner on Tuesday, so last night it was cava from Tinto Fino, but it didn't really matter. The caviar was the star of the show. So we whipped up what we thought (we're caviar novices) seemed like the proper setup.
- hackleback caviar
- toast points
- crème fraîche

It was amazing, obviously. It wasn't the most expensive caviar, but I was told by the guy at the store it was at pretty good alternative to the really expensive stuff. And in my humble opinion, it really was.

Great, great, great night.

No comments: