4.16.2007

FINGER SANDWICHES




The stomachache Meena had last night grew into a pain that kept her home from work today. So yeah. Dinner wasn't her primary concern tonight. She needed something to eat, though, so I decided I'd cook something and just try to keep it simple.

We have a new Whole Foods around the corner so I thought I'd give it a whirl on the way home from work. It's nice. No doubt. Plagued by the same lines and commotion they have in Union Square though. I think I'll go for meat and fish, but I doubt I'll be hitting it all the time. Gracefully will never have lines like the ones I was in tonight.

Anyway, I picked up a couple supplies for a little grilled cheese and soup spread.

The sandwiches had:
- gruyere
- dill pickles
- black forest ham
- whole wheat bread

The soup included:
- white onion
- portabella mushroom
- red bell pepper
- garlic
- chicken broth
- skim milk
- tomato paste
- tandori spice mix
- balsamic vinegar
- green onion
- salt

I think everything was pretty good tonight. I probably used too much gruyere. I know. Who knew that was even possible, right? But yeah. Should have used less. They were totally delicious. Don't get me wrong. Just a little TOO cheesy.

The soup was pretty good. It had a bit of a Southwest flavor. I think I should have chopped the mushrooms a little smaller. Meena didn't seem to think it was a problem, but I think it might have helped.

Anyway, not bad tonight. Not great. But not bad at all. Hopefully bean will feel better tomorrow and we can get all crazy with something else fun in the kitchen!

No comments: