4.11.2007

MEATBALL SUBZ


I got home rather late last night and Meena was kind enough to make a delicious dinner for me and the one and only, Herr Strassburger. I'm not sure what prompted it, but she was feeling a delicious treat that's never before come from our kitchen - the classic meatball sub.

For the meatballs, she included:
- ground chicken
- chopped fine onion
- garlic
- parmesan
- salt and pepper
- italian bread crumbs
- egg
- worcestershire sauce

And for the tomato sauce, she whipped together:
- canned tomatoes
- garlic
- basil
- salt and pepper
- chicken broth

Topped with some provolone cheese and sandwiched in a slice of sesame loaf? We're talking a monster meal. Meena was slightly disappointed with end result, but I think Dan and I really enjoyed everything. The meatballs were awesome. The sauce could have used a kick, but honestly, it was awfully good. I think these will find their way back to the table. This is one of those dinners we'll just continue to rework and improve!

No comments: