4.26.2007

WHOPPERS



Let's just start by saying thank you very, very much to Mr. Dan Strassburger for making an amazing dinner for us last night. It's the next morning and while I'm writing this ... I'm still full.

Last night Dan and Steveo had us out to Brooklyn for the previously mentioned amazing meal and a date with a little television program called LOST. Everything was perfect. From their beautiful new apartment and the wonderful food to ... LOST!

While we were waiting on Steve to get back, Dan set us up with a little brie and crackers to munch on while we sipped a glass of good old Big House Red. I think I consumed the lion's share (sorry!).

Next, Herr Strassburger got started on what was to be the biggest, most delicious salmon burger I'd seen in my entire life. Dan, feel free to submit additional ingredients, but from my vantage point, I think he included the following:
- salmon
- mustard
- green onion
- red pepper
- egg white
- bread crumbs
- soy sauce
- salt
- pepper

Dano topped the whole thing off with a little hoisin sauce, a dash of may and some chopped cucumber. The results were fantastic!

In addition to the burgers, Dan also cut up some little sweet potato fries for a delicious finishing touch.

Compliments to the chef!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No problem, I will gladly make them again sometime, only as we all agreed, with less salmon. Who ever heard 1/2 lb salmon burgers!!!

-dan