4.27.2007

SCREWS


After work we ran by Whole Foods to pick up a couple supplies for a quick pasta dish. It's using some of the ideas we'd normally use in a garbage pasta ... only we sorta planned this one.

We scanned the isles of WF and ended up with a few simple things that sounded perfect for a delicious (and WICKEDLY FILLING) Thursday night bowl of pasta.

Our corkscrew explosion included:
- spinach fusilli
- portabella mushroom
- red pepper and roasted garlic chicken sausage
- roasted garlic marinara
- white onion
- parmesan
- fresh spinach

Besides making us smell like a garlic patch (which I honestly love), this thing was nothing but a hit. The bits of the delicious sausage clung to the nooks and crannies of the fusilli and each bite was awash in decadent flavor.

This is where I need to thank the meat guy at Whole Foods. Dude is the nicest meat salesman I've ever met in NYC. Probably one of the nicest people I've met in NYC. He said, "You're going to love this." So I said, "Really? That's great." And he simply replied, "You'll be back for more of this. I know it." The meat man at Whole Foods is right. I want to go right now.

Anyway, I had to go to a concert after this and probably made the whole place smell like garlic. But I don't care.

No comments: