5.07.2007

MEXICALI MONDAY






We had absolutely no desire to do anything but sit at home and cook tonight. I'm not sure why, but we just weren't feeling anything else. After a very brief discussion, we realized the very best thing for a Monday night was chicken soft tacos. Don't ask why. It was just necessary.

I had to run out and pick up some supplies, so while I was wandering the neighborhood, Meena whipped up a quick non-ceviche, ceviche style appetizer. This gem featured:
- shrimp
- mango
- pineapple
- sambal oelek
- red onion
- salsa
- salt
- worchestershire sauce

After the wonderful starter, I got it going with some chicken tacos:
- chicken
- pineapple
- onion
- cajun seasoning
- jalapeño
- monterey jack
- mixed greens
- lime
- salsa
- sour cream
- avocado

Meena's starter was the star of the show. Just a touch spicy, but nice and sweet as well. We'll be making this one for company no doubt. It's perfectly refreshing.

For the tacos, I cooked the onions and pineapple with the chicken before I shredded it and it really made it pop with flavor. It was a little sweet, a little spicy from the cajun seasoning. Very nice. I took mine with extra jalapeño.

With an icy cold Corona Light? Monday was rad.

No comments: