7.07.2007

IT'S DIFFERENT ... SORTA


I didn't get THAT creative last night. Rather than reinventing the wheel, I used a bunch of what I had leftover from my last mini pita experiment and just added a few new things.

This time around, I used:
- skirt steak (grilled with smoked paprika, salt and black pepper)
- cucumber
- red cabbage
- homemade cucumber sauce
- homemade hummus

The only thing I really did differently was the way everything was arranged. I think that's part of the trick ... just figuring out the proper way to layer this stuff. That and the skirt steak. I still think this would be great with lamb like the Anytime version, but this skirt steak was excellent. I got it just medium and let it have a nice rest before I carved it up. I shouldn't have eaten the whole thing, but I couldn't help myself. It was just delicious.

No comments: