9.16.2007

MEXICAN BREKKIE


This morning I woke up a little earlier than Meena and got started on some breakfast immediately. We had a few things in the fridge that needed to be used, so I took a quick scan and got rolling on a beautiful breakfast quesadilla.

I started with some sliced red onion that I bathed in lemon juice and salt. Once they were chillin' in their citrus bath, I got cooking on the rest:
- eggs
- crimini mushrooms
- ajvar
- spinach
- worchestershire sauce
- sea salt
- flour tortilla
- cheddar cheese
- swiss cheese
- olive oil
- sour cream
- salsa

And I garnished with the red onion. Whew! Perfection!

Not only was this just massively filling, it was really tasty. The eggs were spiced just right with a dollop of ajvar and the cheese flowed right into the crispy flour tortilla.

Excellent pre-game breakfast. Simply excellent.

No comments: