11.11.2007

PEAKS AND VALLEYS






This was an odd night. We started out at Dan and Steve's for a delicious little spread of goat cheese bites and creamy, tangy potatoes. They were delicious. Dan did an amazing job.

So the night began with great conversation and delicious little bites.

Then we went to Convivium Osteria in Park Slope. It started out well. Short wait for a nice table in this cozy little spot on Park Slope's most busy street.

Then it all went wrong.

The lady gave our table away. We waited an extra 30 minutes. She gave us some wine to apologize. We sat down. They were rude and made me take off my hat (it's Brooklyn, people. It's cold. Let me be!). Then the food came and it was amazing.

So it was up and down. Meena had pappardelle in a wild pheasant ragu. I had an amazing ravioli with green apple and cinnamon in a duck ragu.

I am not a huge Italian fan, but this food was out of this world. And not that expensive. Some of the best food I've had in a very long time. But the staff nearly killed it. Jerks.

I'd totally recommend this place anyway. Terrific food. Great environment. Slightly crappy staff.

Great company though. Thanks Dan and Steve!

No comments: