11.30.2007

THAT'S A SPICY PIZZA!




Dan and Steve had been in LA for the holiday (and of course we'd been in Indy) so it had been a minute since we'd had a chance to hang out and catch up. And because they have a busy weekend coming up, we thought it best to have them over for dinner last night.

Snoop Dogg was in the office last night so I stayed a longer to get some things done - thus, I was way behind when I finally got to Brooklyn and Pacific Green.

But I decided to keep last night simple and after snapping up a couple quick ingredients, I was on my way home and behind the burners before I knew it.

Our first option was a super spicy (sorry everyone!) cajun joint:
- spicy remoulade (low-fat sour cream, hot sauce and ajvar)
- cajun chicken sausage
- poblano pepper
- red bell pepper
- smoked mozzarella
- green onion
- mixed greens
- cajun spice
- flour tortilla

And our other vegetarian option went like this:
- tomato sauce
- crimini mushrooms
- mixed greens
- basil
- black pepper
- cheddar

I thought everything was awesome. I know that the cajun one was a little too spicy, but I'm sorry friends! That's what I do! I think everyone enjoyed it anyway. They said they did anyway.

The second option was OK. It was lacking something. I would have liked some anchovy but I wasn't sure it would go well with the crowd.

I think I'd like to try doing these in the oven and finishing them under the broiler. Just when we have crowds. We'll see. I don't know if the quality level will be the same. It would just be nice to prep them and throw them in the oven.

Anyway, this batch was nice. And it was great to catch up with the dudes.

No comments: