1.09.2008

A RECORD BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION



Last night I joined Matt and Jaymez and D over in Greenpoint for Mel's birthday dinner. Meena had some stuff to finish up due to the impending work transition, so she didn't make it over.

While I was away, Meena did have some of Joya's finest pad thai. I'm sure it was delicious.

I, on the other hand, was chowing down on some really wonderful stuff made by Mel's friend Erika at Eat Records in Greenpoint. Thanks to Matt for snapping the cell shots and forwarding them my way. The menu went a little something like this:

- Assorted Olives and Nuts
- Pizza Salad with Spinach, Radicchio, Caramelized Onions and Shaved Pecorino
- New-Style Idaho Shepherd's Pie (Beef Chuck Roast/ Leek Mashed Idaho Potatoes/ Herbed Corn)
- Braised Green Bean with Tomatoes, Olives and Lemon
- Clementines and Pomegranates and whopie pie

The food was fantastic. The people were great. It was another fantastic night. Until the G train stopped running and I had to take a bus to a train to a train just to get near our place. But I digress. Happy birthday Mel!

No comments: