2.22.2008

ABOVE THE CLOUDS


Well, I'm in Telluride, CO. We're doing an event for Men's Journal and it's my first time ever in a quaint mountain town. I know a lot of people are really into the skiing vacation, etc. but my family never had much interest in that. My dad tumbled down a mountain in Japan once and that was basically the end to the Brinegar family ski tradition. That and we lived in a state with flat land as far as the eye can see.

At any rate, it's beautiful up here and I'm glad I'm able to see it. I adjusted the to the altitude quickly and didn't have much trouble flying in on the smallest plane I've ever had the pleasure of riding.

Last night we went to Honga's Lotus Petal with our wonderful client Pablo and his husband. Asian in the mountains of Colorado? Not what I had envisioned, but I don't see why it wouldn't be a lovely option.

After some sake and conversation, I decided on the Indian kind of Asian:
- tandoori lamb kebabs with fried eggplant and chickpea/pancetta salad

My lamb was quite rare which is fine by me ... but moderately concerning when you didn't order it that way. But no matter. The taste was nice. And the chickpea salad was really delicious.

Oh, I also started off with a bowl of miso (this place had the whole continent covered) and it was nice. Very salty, but nice for sure.

I'm not sure how much time we'll have to eat tonight, but I'll try to grab something and keep covering Telluride's dining scene!

No comments: