2.05.2008

FROM THE SEAS




I know what they say about seafood on Monday. I do. I really do. But whatever. I broke the rule because nothing else was open tonight and well ... Fish Tales is on the way home. So we stopped in on the way back from the train and picked up some shrimp and scallops.

Meena pulled out the shrimp and supplied cocktail sauce for a little pre-dinner snack. Not bad. I was skeptical, but they were solid. I figured .... if they were frozen previously, that's probably OK. Again, probably not the right assumption. But whatever. I did it. I need to rationalize now.

Then I threw together some snacks with a bit of smoked salmon I picked up yesterday. It included:
- smoked salmon
- smoked mozzarella
- watercress leaves
- dijon mustard

Very nice. We both enjoyed that quite a bit.

And finally, we did the scallops with some stuff like:
- scallops (seared in olive oil, salt, black pepper)
- red onion
- black sesame seeds
- garlic
- water
- sesame ginger marinade
- white rice
- basil leaves
- lime juice

This was totally a Meena dinner. She loved every bite and all the flavors were just her style. It was a little salty, totally rich and the scallops were seared to perfection. The sauce permeated the rice and every bite was really a pleasure.

No comments: