2.26.2008

MEENA'S STYLE


I had a bunch to do after being out of the office for a few days so I got home sorta late. And I hadn't spoken to my parents in a few days so when I rolled up on 40 with Dad on the line, I discovered Meena behind the burners getting things hot in the kitchen!

The kitchen smelled awesome while I was finishing up speaking to the folks. I couldn't wait to find out what she had going on. It looked like some sort of fish curry and I later found out ... it was!

Here's what she included:
- red snapper
- low fat coconut milk
- green bell pepper
- red bell pepper
- red onion
- garlic
- soy sauce
- sambal oelek
- spinach
- white rice
- crushed tomatoes

Meena didn't think this thing was all that hot but I had to disagree. It was delicious (I did add some sambal oelek) and there was a nice big skillet full of it.

It's funny because it was something I wouldn't normally make. That's why it's awesome when Meena cooks because we definitely have different perspectives in the kitchen. Which is awesome. And it leads to some amazing dinners ... like this sucker.

No comments: