2.27.2008

PEYTON, BREEZY AND DIXIE


I'll readily admit this one is a weird one. Peyton and Breezy are in town for a few days (they have two shows at Irving Plaza) and I was lucky enough to get them for dinner last night. They were staying in the midtown area so I needed to find something that wouldn't have them wandering all over the island.

I did a little research and found this place called Whistlin' Dixie's Texas Tavern on 11th Ave. It had the best review of all Hell's Kitchen Tex-Mex/Mexican joints so I figured we'd give it a whirl.

I was sure I'd made a mistake when I went in.

But as I hung out with two of my favorite people in the world and and got all caught up, I realized I was wrong. The place is weird ... no doubt. But it was fun. The food was fine and Peyton and Breezy kept saying it was fun to be in a place that felt NOTHING LIKE MANHATTAN.

I had a hamburger with white onion, pickles and tomato. It was a big fat home made burger ... not some frozen crappy joint.

Breezy and Peyton both dug their stuff. So ... success!

I can't wait to check out the Rev.'s show tonight!

No comments: