2.10.2008

PIZZA FOR BREAKFAST




Pizza for breakfast was one of my favorite things in the world when I was younger. My mom would probably cringe, but one of my greatest food memories was the pure jubilation I would feel when I opened that fridge door with groggy eyes and messy hair to find some of last night's pie waiting for consumption.

It never made it to the microwave. It never made it much further than three steps from the fridge. Cold pizza for breakfast was my thing. Plain and simple.

Which makes it feel odd that I've never done pizzettas for breakfast. If you read this blog often, you'll know we eat those joints with some serious regularity. So you'd think making the transition to the breakfast varieties would have happened some time ago.

Well, for whatever reason, I waited until yesterday to get moving on that front. I don't know why. I just woke up and got moving on them.

Nothing special. Two were tomato based ... one pesto. Here's the rest:
- eggs (with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper)
- chicken sausage with garlic and sun-dried tomato
- spinach
- olive oil
- marinara
- basil pesto
- bleu cheese
- flour tortilla

Awesome. Meena was singing my praises all morning! The only thing that really made these breakfast was the addition of egg. I suppose I could work on that. Making them more "breakfast" themed. But whatever. They were awesome and they got our Saturday moving in the right direction.

No comments: