3.21.2008

DREAMING OF THAILAND



We're going to Thailand for our honeymoon so I guess I've been thinking about it a lot lately. As hotbeds for amazing flavors go, it's one of the best. So I guess when I've been at the store lately, that's why I've been heading in the direction of all the Thai ingredients.

So last night I whipped together this little mix with some extreme quickness. It was actually two distinct parts. So the veggie base featured:
- red cabbage
- red onion
- basil
- olive oil
- salt

And the salmon piece featured:
- salmon
- garlic
- salt
- egg
- panko
- red onion
- red curry paste
- basil

I baked the salmon in the oven and grilled off the veggies while I threw together a little sauce:
- red curry paste
- honey
- milk
- olive oil
- sambal oelek

It was pretty lovely. The salmon was poppin' with flavor and the vegetables were crunchy colorful. Delicious.

No comments: