5.15.2008

MONKFISH ALA TASTESPOTTING



I saw this little post on tastespotting yesterday and it piqued my interest. It didn't have a recipe and I'm sure whoever did it on there probably did it better than me, but I figured I'd give it a try. Why not, right?

I started with some rosemary skewers:
- rosemary
- monkfish
- bacon
- poblano pepper
- black pepper
- sea salt
- olive oil

And then I threw together a little vegetable side:
- eggplant
- poblano pepper
- cherry tomato
- balsamic drizzle
- olive oil
- sea salt

Other than the fact that my eggplant took on the flavor of a grassy apple, I'm going to go ahead and say I was pretty pleased with this dish. This was the first time I'd ever worked with eggplant, so I'll get better at that. I promise. But at the end of the day, I was pretty pleased with this thing. I thought the fish took on a lovely hint of rosemary and it was simply perfect when paired with the bacon.

I have an event to hit tonight so I'd guess you'll see some delivery in this space later on. Sorry 'bout that. But it's just the reality of a busy person!

No comments: