9.17.2008

FRESH AND FROZEN




Check out the juxtaposition. Frozen onion rings paired with some nice chicken sausage from the butcher. Again, like the tater tots from a few days back - weird, but oddly good. And comforting.

So I got home late and Meena got to work on this one. She started by mixing up a salad:
- field greens
- red onion
- green grapes
- bleu cheese
- dressing (olive oil, lemon juice, rice vinegar, sea salt, garlic powder and black pepper)

Then she cooked the sausage in some beer with onions and a bit of vegetable broth. The beer was a touch bitter so the onions took on a hint of that flavor profile. Not bad though. I threw them on my my sausage and housed a couple with an organic wheat bun and some mustard.

Nice.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the sausage was of the chicken sausage variety. Chicken sausage with jalapeƱo and cilantro. Very nice. Very nice indeed.

And to cap it all off, Meena threw in some frozen onion rings. Crazy! But I have to say, the came out of the oven crispy and delicious. Weird. So weird. But again - can't front, I liked them.

No comments: