9.10.2008

LATE NIGHT JAPANESE




I got home pretty late last night but Meena was kind enough to call in some Cube 63 before I got back to Brooklyn. It was a really long day, so it was pretty awesome to see all these delicious little bites waiting for my arrival.

Last night Meena had:
- shrimp shumai
- 63 roll
- bahama mama roll

Alec had:
- spicy! miso soup
- spicy yellowtail roll
- tuna and avocado roll

Everything was delicious. I think the most odd part of the evening was the half gallon of spicy miso soup that came. It wasn't really a half gallon. But it was a BUNCH of miso soup. For some reason, when they make it spicy, they are required to give you triple the normal amount. Weird, right? I thought so.

All the fish was wonderful. The tuna was plump and went great with the creamy little bits of avocado. I mean, I don't really need to describe a tuna and avocado. Or a spicy yellowtail. Although I will say, the spicy yellowtail is nice because they don't grind up the fish like they do with a spicy tuna or something. You get nice hunks of fish in that spicy mix. I'm cool with that.

But other than that, it was fantastic. Nothing more to say!

No comments: