9.07.2008

THE MORNING AFTER




Meena was pretty much out of commission after her latest foray into the bachelorette universe. Understandable.

I tried to make her something yummy for breakfast to get her back in gear, but she wasn't really feeling it. So I ended up enjoying this one, for the most part, on my own. I started with some potatoes:
- potato
- garlic
- olive oil
- green onion

And then I threw together a sort of Benedict with an Asian flair:
- egg
- whole-wheat english muffin
- salmon
- sea salt
- black pepper
- nori flakes
- sauce (thai chili sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil)

It was pretty awesome. The salmon was crisp in all the right places. Silky on the inside. And the layers of flavor flowing in from that nice little sauce tied all the egg and whole wheat together. Pretty good. I might try this one again.

No comments: