10.01.2008

REELING IT IN





We're getting close. Things are coming together. It feels good.

What doesn't feel good is getting home from work around 8:30. But that was my reality last night and although I said I was going to be better at the blog this week, I didn't promise cooking. Sorry. You might not see much in the homemade department for a minute.

Anyway, Meena ordered some Cube 63 while I was on my way home. She kept it fairly simple for herself and ordered:
- shrimp shumai
- salmon sashimi
- white tuna sashimi
- clinton roll

Actually, that was a total departure for her. But it was still ... simple I guess.

Alec had:
- miso soup
- salmon and avocado roll
- yellowtail and scallion roll

It was delicious, actually. I got totally standard rolls but they were great. The scallion was balanced nicely with the yellowtail. Sometimes I feel like one is much greater than the other and this one was pretty equal. The salmon and avocado was HUGE and plump. So I felt pretty good about all the foods last night. Very enjoyable.

We'll see what else this week brings. Maybe I'll find time to cook. Maybe not ...

No comments: