1.30.2009

IT'S ABOUT THAT TIME





I think we hit our wall last night. We had been moving steadily toward the goal for the past few days, but last night we came home and just felt like crashing. Meena had planned on cooking German food for us, but the plan went out the window and we just called in some Joya.

Alec had:
- tom yum koong
- pork salad

Meena had
- spring roll
- chicken pad thai

Everything was pretty normal with the exception of my tom yum koong that was the hottest thing I've ever eaten in my life. Somehow, Joya has patented a proprietary process of converting your regular old fire into a lemongrass soup. My entire body was on fire after eating this. I can eat some really insanely hot stuff. I'm not trying to impress. I just can. I can eat (and like to eat) hot stuff. But this was rough even for me.

Anyway, everything else was solid and after a few bites of pork salad, I was back in order. I think we might do German tonight. Nothing says a rockin' Friday night like movies at home and German food, right? Well, it may not be crazy party time, but it's going to be awesome in my humble opinion.

No comments: