4.01.2009

QUICK EATS



I had a class meeting after work last night and it took me a little longer than normal to get home so Meena got things going for a wonderful little homemade number.

As soon as she got home, she whipped together some wonderful veg:
- brussels sprouts
- potatoes
- bacon
- sea salt
- cider vinegar
- brown sugar
- black pepper

She got those baking slow and low while I was commuting back to the BK. As soon as I came through the door, I got to work on a couple pork chops. I just pounded them flat and then ran them through a quick egg wash. After the wash, they got a panko jacket and went straight to the skillet with a bit of olive oil.

Once they had a couple crisp sides, I sliced them up and threw together a quick dipping sauce with some sweet chili sauce, vinegar, water, soy and sriracha.

Pretty awesome. For a quick, last minute meal, I think this one might be a winner. I'm very pleased with the crisp pork dunked in a bit of sauce.

Meena's veg was so, so good. The bacon and brown sugar just enveloped every bite. How perfect is that?

No comments: