5.04.2009

GONE FISHIN


We wanted to close the weekend out with a simple bit of fish and that's just what we did. I had picked up a bit of rainbow trout from the fish market the previous day and I read a recipe that seemed simple and featured only ingredients we had on hand. No extra shopping on a rainy day sounded perfect to me.

This little number went like this:
- trout rolled in cornmeal (also sea salt and chili powder)
- olive oil
- spinach
- garlic
- red onion
- pine nuts
- chipotle hot sauce

Simple. I think the fish ended up being just a bit too cornmealy. I should have probably cooked it a bit longer to make sure that the skin got super crisp. But whatever. There's always next time. I think there WILL be a next time, too. We liked this one. It didn't look amazing, but it was a good, light meal. I'm not sure I'd do the pine nuts next time. But other than that, this one is a winner.

No comments: