1.25.2007

CLASSY



In an effort to expand my mind and make myself a better worker bee, I've enrolled in a writing class at the School of Visual Arts here in the city. Nothing too intense, just a little copy-writing course taught by a really interesting guy with over 40 years of creative experience in this market. Should be pretty interesting.

At any rate, I got home rather late and cooking was just not in my plan. After walking twenty blocks from the school, I was pretty much done with labor for the evening. And I couldn't find anything I wanted in our delivery drawer (NOTE: For all those friends not in NYC, everyone has a delivery drawer. Or if you're of the organized persuasion, you have a delivery folder or file. We just throw all of ours in the drawer. This is just one of the realities read: AMAZING PERKS of living here). Anyway, I finally decided that China Wok was my only option and other than the high sodium and calorie content, I couldn't have been happier.

I got the:
- sichuan beef
- pork fried rice
- egg roll

Not bad. I ate about half the egg roll and Meena helped me with the rest. The food wasn't extra spicy, but I gave it an assist with a little chili paste. I ate about 1/16th of the massive pork fried rice portion. Not bad for seven bucks!

Before I got home, Meena actually had a little delivery herself. She went the tried and true Hiro route and picked up the usual:

- shrimp shumai
- chicken tempura roll
- spicy tuna crunch roll

We didn't really discuss, but I know she loved it. It's her favorite!

No comments: